Using Standing Poses with Your Animation Override
Please note that these directions are for the latest version of the EZ Animator Deluxe (version 1.2.0). If you are using an older version of the EZAD, refer to the help notecard that came with that version. Or get your free update to the latest version of the EZAD before you continue.
Animation Overrides are designed to cycle through a number of poses. If you watch your avatar without an AO equipped, you will notice that you cycle through 5 very basic standing poses. Many AOs use 5 standing poses as their default number of poses. However with the EZ Animator Deluxe now can have many more animations than just 5. You can have as many stands as the memory of the AO script can handle. 20 or more stands are certainly possible. Here is how you add a stand to your ~AO_default notecard:
- Rez your EZAD on to the ground (or drop it if you are wearing it).
- Right click on your EZAD and choose “Edit” from the pie menu.”
- Click the “More >>” button and then the “Content” tab on the Edit menu
- Find the “~AO_default” notecard inside the HUD and open it (right click on it and choose Open). Leave it open while you…
- Find an animation you want to add as a stand from your inventory and drag it into the HUDDLE’s contents.
- Wait for the HUDDLE’s contents to reload, find the animation inside, right click on it and choose properties.
- Drag your mouse over the name of the animation on the properties window and click Ctrl-C to copy it.
- Paste the name after the [ Standing ] tag in the notecard by clicking Ctrl-V
- Save and close the notecard and close the edit and property windows you may have up.
- Right click on the HUDDLE and choose Take.
- Wear the HUDDLE from your inventory. Be sure that you are wearing the copy that you just picked up. It should show up under the “Recent Items” tab in your inventory
- Touch the flip button until you see the AO commands
- Choose the Load AO Notecard button (it looks like a computer disk)
- Choose ~AO_default from the choices
- Turn your AO on to try the new standing pose
In the same way you can add many other stands to your AO. To add multiple stands you would separate each with the | symbol. You can even add multiple lines of stands to your AO. Click on the image below to see an example:
The reason you would want to add multiple lines, rather than trying to fit all the stands on one line, is that there is a limit to the length of a line that a script can read. If the line is too long, it will cut off the end and probably give you an error which reads something like, “HUDDLES EZ Animator Deluxe v1.2.0: Warning: Couldn’t find animation ‘*AW* ‘ in inventory.”
Once you have loaded your AO notecard with all of your stands, you can set the amount of time the AO plays each stand before cycling to the next one. An interval of something like 20, 40 or 90 seconds is common, depending on your preference. To choose a time interval:
- Use the flip button to get to the AO buttons.
- Click the Stand Time Interval button (it looks like a wristwatch).
- Say in chat the number of seconds you want to use
Next stand allows you to skip ahead to the next stand. You might like to pick a stand and stick with it rather than cycling through all the different stands. If that is the case, set the Stand Time Interval to 0. Now the only time the AO will switch stands is when you touch the Next Stand button.
You can choose between two styles of cycling for your stands, sequential and random. Click the bottom left button on the AO buttons to switch between the two styles. The one that looks like dice is shown when it’s set to random sequencing.