Over the next few weeks, I’ll be working on a new version of the EZ Animator Deluxe. There are a few known bugs, mostly from the last update which need to get fixed. I also have a number of new features I want to add. Most of the new features will be small tweaks rather than huge new features.
Here are a list of the knowns bugs:
- May be a problem with the button to remove a dancer from the HUD.
- HUGs are working differently since the changes to the physics engine. Script may need to be tweaked.
- /99target not working, incorporate another name2key database if possible
- Targeting for hugs and other things is not working properly.
- Consolidated script bloated and often runs out of memory.
- Link for new users to join group needs to be changed.
- Use trim spaces so that extra spaces before or after an animation name doesn’t cause a failure.
- [repeat] is broken in dance mode, it emotes something like [EMOTE]|[repeat]
I am considering a number of new features and changes to existing features. I’ll list some of the more likely candidates for inclusion here:
- If a macro has been given a name using the [NAME] tag, then allow user to call a macro by name. For instance if you named a macro “hug”, then /99hug would run that macro, provided that notecard is the one currently loaded.
- [no_dance] tag which makes a macro not work during dance mode
- [target_first] like [target] but only the first name
- [target_last] like [target] but only the last name
- I’m considering eliminating one of the load notecard buttons and just having one. When you click the Load Notecard button you would see all notecards, regular and AO mixed. You choose which notecard you want to use and the appropriate script loads it. I’m having trouble deciding if that would be easier or cause more confusion.
- Tools Menu > List all animations, sounds, landmarks, objects, notecards, etc.
- Tools Menu > Get Nearby avatar key
- Tools Menu > Say Current target name and key
- Groundsit button. This would fill the gap that so many people seem to want. It would be a button that allowed people to use their currently loaded groudsit anywhere.
- I’m creating an updater that will be almost fully automatic. Future update scripts will be completely automatic. No moving animations or scripts. Just place your HUD and updater on the ground in the same sim and the updater will take care of all the updating for you.
- Set distance for HUGs.
- Check all stations on the radio notecard.
- /99ao on and /99 ao off should work from owner’s objects too.
I’m not certain that all of these features will make it into the next version. Also, I have a few more ideas that may make it in, but I don’t want to publish them and get people’s hopes up.
This is your chance to lobby for other new features and to point out other bugs that may not be on the list. I may not be able to get another revision out until the end of the summer, so speak up now!